Monday, February 19, 2007

Tele-marketing

(Tring! Tring!)

Me: Hello?

Him Good morning, sir. I’m calling from [BLEEP] bank. I see you have a [BLEEP] account with us.

Me: That’s right.

Him On basis of that account, I’d like to offer you a personal loan of 75,000 rupees.

Me: Umm, no, I’m not really interested.

Him (Getting pushy) But this loan is exclusively for you sir;, you have to take it.

Me: Ok, tell me more.

Him Sir, all you have to do is give me some basic information about yourself, like your address, date of birth, monthly income...

Me: Fine, but I have a condition too.

Him Sir, what would that be?

Me: I want the 75,000 rupees to be delivered at my home.

Him Sir...

Me: In coins of 10 paise.

Him Err...

Me: In two black-coloured suitcases.

Him Sir, kyu mazaak kar rahe hai?

Me: Heh heh. Sir, aap hi ne to shuru kiya.

--------------------------------------------

This hasn’t actually happened yet. But I’m guessing that it soon would.

4 comments:

Abhinay said...

hehehe..my friend has a great reply for tele marketers..picks up the phone and says " hello, you have reached hell, this is satan speaking..hehehehe

Heidi said...

damn funny

The Boyracer said...

On a serious note, ever tried to be on the other end of the line?

Bored Sub said...

No. I choose not to harass absolute strangers for random reasons, that too on the phone.