Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Do you stuggle with phonetic alphabets?

I have a peculiar problem. I fumble over phonetic alphabets while instructing people over the phone.

Today, for example, I was on the line with a customer care executive. I was telling him the model number for my DVD player, which needs repair.

So, since the model number was alphanumeric, I used phonetic alphabets - like 'D for Delhi', 'E for Elephant' so that he may not mistake 'D' for 'T', 'A' for 'J' and suchlike.

Those were the easier ones.

What is the first word that comes to your mind when you think of the letter F?

Or S.

Or P.

Or B.

Maybe I have a rotten, corrupt mind, but I struggle to promptly come up with 'clean' words for some letters.

"S for... err... you know... ummm... (blush)...Patna?"

Does anyone else have the same problem?

5 comments:

Australopithecus said...

S for Psychology.

Abhinay Ramani said...

LOL australo..

bhai, I learnt the Police phonetic when I came to the UK once I got fed up of spelling my name and other details :D

I am

Alpha Bravo Hotel India November Alpha Yankee Space Romeo Alpha Mike Alpha November India

:D

Aditi said...

ROTFL

The Not So Talkative Man said...

Tengyu, tengyu.

Paradox Philic said...

Yeah now when you talk about it.... ummm...i think this wouldnt be ONLY ur problem :P