Saturday, December 06, 2008

Post 26/11

I don't know if this is happening to you, but I'm sure fairly sure there are plenty of Indians out there who have shared this experience with me.

I have been having recurring dreams about the terror attacks on Mumbai. I see myself with a weapon in my hand and taking to the street, exchanging fire with people. I don't remember who these people were but my subconscious mind might have scripted them along the lines of the Mumbai terrorists.

I've had a similar, crazy dream in my younger days. Lots of Americans had weird dreams about Sarah Palin when she entered the presidential elections. But this is quite different.

And I'm sure much of this stems from the anger over the terror strikes. Anger, that still hasn't found its way out.

Is anybody else having similar dreams?

4 comments:

vimoh said...

I did. Just some face punching and bleed-causing. And I screamed once in the middle of the night and woke my mom up.

The Not So Talkative Man said...

Very brave. I at least had a gun to fight with.

Renu said...

Well, come to think of it, I used to get this recurrent scary dream when I was really young, of some gunmen hiding outside our apt on the ground floor and trying to shoot my family and me from the window, while we hid behind furniture. Who & why?, wasn't apparent in the dream.
I am glad it was only a dream though :)

The Not So Talkative Man said...

These are manifestations of our insecurities and fears.