Thursday, April 08, 2004

Surreal!

Felt like some Floyd this noon. So I plugged into some Pulse. And usual, it set that amazing ambience in my room. So real, you could almost touch it.



And I was hit by a strong wave of emotions as soon as Wish You Were Here started. Goosebumps left, right and center. All over! For some reason! Very visible goosebumps!



It was as if I wanted to roll on the floor laughing or burst into tears. And didn't know which one I wanted to do. Had listened to that song a million times before, but this time it felt as if I had waited to listen to for a 100 years. Felt as if I was there at the Pulse concert, waving around the lighter in hand and everything. It was surreal! I'm not exaggerating. It really was surreal!



And that took me back to FestoComm, Pune in December where that beauty of a song was played at the rock concert. Coincidentally, the previous night, I had sent out an SMS to her, saying precisely that:

Wish you were here!



Oh, for Abhinay's info, it was the same night as the drunken b***h incident.



How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls

Swimming in a fish bowl,

Year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Wish you were here.

No comments: